PARENT RESOURCE PAGE
Camper Check-in and Sunday Dinner
- Drop off time is Sunday between 4:30pm – 5:30pm at the Colorado Mountain College in Glenwood Springs
- We are unable to check in campers before 4:30pm
- There is more than one location for Colorado Mountain College. Drop off is at the SPRING VALLEY LOCATION. Address is on the right.
- Should you arrive in the valley before 4:30 pm, we have attached a flyer with numerous local activity options.
- Please join us for dinner in the campus dining room at 6:00pm for a family style meal with your camper and their 1:1 counselor.
- Camper enrollment covers dinner for the camper and one guest.
- Additional meals are $10/per person.
- Mattress pad (single bed)
- Sheet set (single bed)
- Sleeping Bag
- Bath towel
- Beach towel or quick dry pack towel (for lake and river sports)
to prevent bursting inside luggage.
- Medications – with dosing instructions in original RX bottle
- Lip balm w/ sunscreen
- Deodorant – teens/adults
- Razor – teens/adults
- Baseball cap or/ Full Brim Hat
- Sunglass strap for watersports
- 1 – 1 liter Water Bottle (for daily hydration)
- Day Pack (small backpack to carry your water, beach towel, change of clothes, snacks, sunscreen, etc. to different daily activities.)
- Rain Jacket (waterproof)
- Long sleeved fleece hoodie or pullover (cool mornings & evenings)
- 1 – 2 pairs long pants
- 2 pairs – Shorts
- 3 – 5 – short sleeved shirts
- 2 pairs hiking socks
- Bathing suit – Girls – 2 @ one piece bathing suits (racing-type suits)
- Bathing suit – Boys – Board shorts
- Rash guard top –Light colored long sleeved (protects skin under lifejacket and from strong mountain sun)
- 2 pairs- Baggies – (long, surfer-type trunks)
- Rash guard top – Light colored long sleeved protects skin under lifejacket and from strong mountain sun
- Swim Goggles – (Optional)
- 1 pair –sneakers or low top hiking shoes (hiking and daily wear)
- 1 pair – Sandals or water shoes – must have heel straps (no flip flops) for lake & river sports
- Electronic devices are highly reinforcing for all of us and are welcome at ESC!
- It is important to note that campers are discouraged from using electronic devices during sports activities. If your camper must carry electronics of any type, please insure that they are enclosed in an easy to carry waterproof container, labeled with their name.
- To help your child/teen/adult keep track of all of their gear, please label all of their items…Thank you!
If you have questions, please call or email, we’d be happy to help!
We’re looking forward to seeing you soon!
Friday Awards Dinner
- The Camper Awards Ceremony & Dinner is on Friday at 5:30 pm
- A very special occasion that celebrates new friends, new experiences, accomplishments and life!
- This is a very important part of the camp experience, please plan on attending this ceremony with your camper.
- If your camper is enrolled for multiple sessions, please plan on attending the ceremony that takes place on the Friday of their last session.
- Camp registration includes dinner for your camper and one additional person.
- Additional guests are welcome and encouraged.
- To secure additional guests for dinner, please call or email the Extreme Sports Camp office at 970-927-3143 prior your camp date.
- Additional meals are $10 per person
Fun Things To Do If You Arrive Early
Places to Stay in the Glenwood Springs Area
Red Mountain Inn
- 11.8 miles from CMC campus, 26 minutes
- Outdoor Pool
- Hot Tub
- Say you are with the Extreme Sports Camp and receive 10% off your stay (Rates listed are before discount). Rooms for the summer are booking up, so call as soon as possible.
- Cabin/Room: 1 queen bed + Full Kitchen ~ $120 weekdays, $130 weekends
- Cabin: 1 queen bed in separate room + Full kitchen, Fireplace ~ $123 weekdays, $133 weekends
- Cabin Cottage: 2 queen beds + Full Kitchen ~ $129 weekdays, $139 weekends
BRB Crystal River Resort Glenwood Springs
- 14.6 miles from CMC campus, 23 minutes
- Outdoor Pool
- On River
- 1 Room Cabin with Full Kitchen, Sleeps 4 ~ $105
- 2 Room Cabin with Full Kitchen, Sleeps 7 ~$145 on the river, $125 not on the river
- 3 Room Cabin with Full Kitchen, Sleeps 9 ~ $165
Marriott Residence Inn Glenwood Springs
- 10.1 miles from CMC campus, 21 minutes
- Indoor Pool
- Outdoor Pool
- Hot tub
- Fitness Room
- Studio: 1 king, 1 sofabed + Full Kitchen ~ $169
- 1 bedroom: 1 king, 1 sofabed + Full Kitchen ~ $189
- 2 bedroom: 1 king, 1 queen, 1 sofabed + Full Kitchen ~ $239
Hotel Denver Glenwood Springs
- 10 miles from CMC campus, 21 minutes
- Historical hotel located downtown Glewood Springs across from the hotsprings.
- Queen Size- $129-$179
- Double queen-$169
Comfort Inn & Suites Carbondale
- Phone: (970) 963-8880
- 920 Cowen Dr., Carbondale, CO, US, 8162
- 6.6 miles to CMC campus, 10 minutes
- Say you are with Extreme Sports Camp and get 15% off your reservation.